Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The holidays

I love the holidays. I love the lights, I love watching people smile when they see their family, and I love watching them catch up with everything that has happened in their lives. I won't get to see my family this year. I can't deal with airports. I guess that is alright, because most of them have spent all year trying to be there for me when I needed them, and honestly it was more than I could have hoped for.

People keep asking me what I want for Christmas, and I don't know what to say. I know I have more than I ever would have dreamed of asking for, but at the same time the things I need no one can give me. I hit the lowest point in my life this year, and hands came out of nowhere to catch me. I never expected so many people to care. Its humbling, and I'm beyond even gratitude, I'm awed at such unconditional love. But they can't rearrange the world so that the things that happened to me just go away. I have to live with that. I also have to live with the fact that I'm basically helpless right now. I can't take care of myself, but I'm still trying. I have the chance to do that because these wonderful people gave me the chance.

If everyone had the people in their life that I have, the world would be damn near perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment