Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cure for bad moods

Over the last few years, I've used a lot of tricks to shake off bad moods or bad days. It doesn't always work, but sometimes it does. I'm going to list some of my tricks, and because I'm curious, I'd like to hear from you guys what works for you. I think I'm going to write a short article for the veterans and advocates on Facebook. I like helping people, and one of things common to victims of PTSD is that they have bad moods and bad days that they can't shake. Maybe between us we can find something that can help people.

I watch funny cat videos on YouTube, because sometimes if I smile enough or laugh it can help ease the worst of the depression. I have soundproof headphones, and I listen to my favorite singers and sing along as loud as possible. I like to watch funny Disney movies, like How to train your dragon or Kung Fu Panda, because as they say, laughter is the best medicine. I make lists sometimes, of all the things I don't want to do (mostly consisting of chores and the like), and make a list of all the fun things I could be doing, and then I pick one of the fun things and do it, reminding myself that I am lucky.

What do you do to shake off a bad mood?

No comments:

Post a Comment