Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Dysphoria and Intrusions

Another day, another identity theft attempt. Seriously? Seriously.

The discovery of yet another intruder upon my life is taking it's toll on me. I'm emotionally drained. I intend to put pressure on people to prosecute this latest attempt at fraud and theft. I might hire a lawyer and start suing people.

I went to the doctor today, and joy to the world, they are changing my meds around again. This current round I am on two antidepressants, two mood stabilizers, sedatives, and medications for nightmares. They took me off the Ritalin, blaming my recent incidents of instability on that medication. It's the only pill I ever took that made me feel better, and it only worked for a little while. They are also testing me for several other medical conditions which may or may not have precipitated said incidents of instability.

There are no less than three medical conditions which run rampant in my family which may have triggered this mess. But the psychiatrist thinks I may have been successfully hiding bipolar in all these years of intensive therapy. Right. That seems likely (sarcasm). I did some reading into bipolar, and apparently there are some people who don't have highs and lows, instead they have depressive states and dysphoric states. Considering I've only had two possible dysphoric states in all my years of recorded psychiatric treatment, it really, really, seems unlikely to me.

I'm tired. I'm really, really, really tired of the VA's so-called medical practice. I'm seriously considering taking steps to transfer my care to a civilian facility. I cannot deal with these morons much longer. I might start telling them what I really think of them, and no one wants that.

The VA needs be reformed with extreme prejudice. Reform involving blunt objects would be preferable.

No comments:

Post a Comment